From losing family and good friends to being sick, and everything in the middle. This Thanksgiving I just don't feel like being Thankful. I feel like crap, guess what that means. Yep, I would rather feel sorry for myself. But, Last week I was reminded that I can attain peace and guess what so can you. .
The Bible gives us this direction.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. - Philippians 4:4-9 NIV
It is time to be thankful, and focus on the true, admirable, and praiseworthy things in our everyday life. I know sometimes you just don't feel like it, so here are 7 ways to put on a Thankful lifestyle.
- Read your Bible - Study it, look at all the times God came through for the little people.
- Listen to Praise and Worship music. I used to do this all the time, and it put me into a worshiping mindset. It truly helped me to focus on the good and not the bad around me.
- Start a Prayer Journal - Don't just write your prayer requests and prayers, but write the date the prayer was answered and also a thank you prayer to God for hearing and answering.
- Count your blessings, your family, friends, and job. The food on your table, the shoes on your feet. Once you really get started it will just flow.
- Write thank you cards to your family, and friends. Tell them something you love about them, reasons you are happy they are in your life. (Thankfulness and gratitude are contagious, the more you surround yourself with it, the more you will live a life of thankfulness and gratitude. So spread it around.)
- Surround yourself with thankful people. This goes with #5. Spend time building up your relationships with people who are thankful even in the hard times.
- Put time into helping others. The more you help people in need the easier being thankful will be. It will also get you out of the feeling sorry for yourself mindset.
This may be the Thanksgiving season, but that doesn't mean we can only be thankful now. No, being thankful is a 24-7-265 thing. It is a way of life.
Join the thankful revolution and hope into the comments to tell us what are you thankful for today?
Really want to help spread the thankfulness around. Pin this post!